top of page
Mountain Ridge

UroGynecology when to see Dr. Sprock

Dr. Sprock is a urogynecologist. She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders in women. We help women who have problems with their pelvic floor, which is like the support system for organs in your abdomen, such as the bladder, uterus, vagina, and rectum.

These disorders involve the muscles, ligaments, connective tissues, and nerves that support and control the pelvic organs, including the bladder, uterus, vagina, and rectum. Urogynecologists have extensive training in gynecology and urology, allowing them to address a wide range of conditions related to the pelvic floor.

Urinary Incontinence

Leaky Bladder

This is when you accidentally leak urine when you don't mean to. For instance, you might cough, sneeze, or laugh and suddenly have a little urine come out.

Fecal Incontinence

Accidental Bowel Leaks

This is when you have little accidents with stool or gas and can't control it, like when you can't hold in a fart.

Overactive Bladder

Can't Hold It

You might feel like you always have to pee, and it's hard to hold it in. Sometimes, you might even have sudden urges to pee that are tough to control.

Voiding Dysfunction

Trouble Peeing

It's tough to start peeing, stop peeing, or completely empty your bladder.

Pelvic Organ Prolapse

Falling Organs

Sometimes, the organs in your lower belly, like the bladder or uterus, can start to drop down, causing a bulging feeling or pressure in your vagina. It might feel like something is coming out.

Pelvic Pain

Pelvic Pain

If you have pain deep inside your lower belly or around your pelvis, especially if it's constant or keeps coming back, that's pelvic pain.

Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome

Painful Bladder

If you have a lot of pain or discomfort in your bladder area, especially when you pee, it could be this condition.

Pelvic Floor Muscle Dysfunction

Urinary Incontience

The muscles in your lower belly can become weak or too tight. This can lead to problems like difficulty controlling your pee or bowel movements.

Urology ?

Deciding whether to see a urogynecologist or a urologist can be challenging if you're not familiar with the specific areas of expertise each specialty covers. Here's a quick guide to help you make an informed choice:


  • Urinary problems (such as overactive bladder and stress incontinence)

  • Prolapse/abnormal descent of genital organs (such as cystocele, rectocele, uterine prolapse, and enterocele)

  • Bowel incontinence

  • Painful intercourse

Birthday Celebration


  • Kidney stones

  • Bladder and kidney cancer

  • Male infertility

  • Erectile dysfunction

Senior Men Playing Chess
bottom of page